Image optimization tool for Twitter
Twitter in many cases convert uploaded images to JPEG format to conserve space (also reduces image quality).
This tool is intended to avoid this "feature" and upload your image as lossless PNG format.
Drag and drop an image you wish to upload in the box below, or click on the box to bring up a file browser.
You may also upload an image in the clipboard by using the shortcut key (Ctrl+V / ⌘V).
- *Important* This program will attempt to circumvent the JPEG conversion but will not offer any guarantee. To avoid unexpected results, refrain from uploading very large images as Twitter may not react too well to them.
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge are recommended. (It may also work with Internet Explorer 10 or later, and Safari)
- You can use this tool from your smartphone as well. Be sure to use the latest available OS and browser.
The file size of images allowed to upload to Twitter is limited to a maximum of 3MB.
Please note that the original file size may fit within the 3MB limitation, due to conversion the resulted image may exceed the 3MB limit.
- This tool will modify the alpha value of upper left pixel by a small amount. There will be no noticible difference from the original image.
- Your image will be converted in a client-side process. You can use this tool in an offline environment as well.
- Uploading from the clipboard is not supported in Internet Explorer.
- In case you cannot download the result image, right-click on the result image and select “Save image as…” to proceed.
Japanese to English translation by @garvash